From the the Georgians for Preservation Action:
HB 851 at Senate Finance Committee: Wed (3/19) or Thurs (3/20)
HB 851, which strengthens the tax credit for the rehabilitation of historic properties, continues to move forward. Senate leadership has indicated that they do not expect to pass many of the House tax bills, so if you haven’t contact the committee members, now is the time!
The names and contact info for the Senate Finance Committee members are below. TWO NAMES ON THIS LIST ARE CRITICAL: Sen. Tommie Williams and Sen. Eric Johnson. Please contact them regardless of where you live – it is vital that they hear about this bill repeatedly!
In addition, please send a copy of your email to the Lieutenant Governor’s Chief of Staff, Brad Alexander (email@example.com).
After the Finance Committee, the bill will move on to the Rules Committee. Like the House, this committee is the “gatekeepers” to the Senate floor. They determine what bills are released to the Senate every morning. The names and districts for the Rules Committee are also listed below.
Here are some links that may help in crafting your message:
For HB 851 Fact Sheet and Talking Points:
For the (revised) text of HB 851: www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2007_08/fulltext/hb851.htm
Below is a listing members of the Senate Finance and Rules Committees. To email them, use the format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senate Finance Committee 2008:
· Chip Rogers, Chair, R-21, lives in Woodstock; Cherokee*, Cobb*. 404-463-1378
· Tommie Williams, Vice Chair, R- 19; lives in Lyons; Appling, Jeff Davis, Liberty*, Long, Montgomery, Tattnall*, Toombs, Wayne, Wheeler. 404-656-0089
· Ronnie Chance, Secretary, R-16, lives in Tyrone; Fayette*, Lamar, Monroe*, Pike, Spalding*. 404-651-7738
· Greg Goggans, R-7, lives in Douglas; Atkinson, Bacon, Berrien, Clinch, Coffee , Cook*, Echols, Lanier, Pierce, Ware. 404-463-5263
· Tim Golden, D-8, lives in Valdosta; Brooks, Cook*, Lowndes, Thomas*. 404-656-7580
· Bill Heath, R-31, lives in Bremen; Bartow*, Haralson, Paulding*, Polk. 404-651-7738
· Eric Johnson, R-1, lives in Savannah; Bryan, Chatham*, Liberty*. 404-656-5109
· Emanuel Jones, D-10, lives in Decatur; DeKalb*, Henry*. 404-656-0502
· Mitch Seabaugh, R-28, lives in Sharpsburg; Carroll*, Coweta, Heard, Troup*. 404-656-6446
· David Shafer, R-48, lives in Duluth; Fulton*, Gwinnett*. 404-656-0048
· Steve Thompson, D-33, lives in Marietta; Cobb*. 404-656-0083
Senate Rules Committee 2008:
· Balfour, Don (R-9), Chairman: lives in Snellville; Gwinnett*
· Hamrick, William (R-30), Vice Chairman: lives in Carrollton; Carroll*, Douglas*,
· Seabaugh, Mitch (R-28), Secretary: lives in Sharpsburg; Carroll*, Coweta, Heard, Troup*
· Adelman, David (D-42): lives in Decatur; DeKalb*
· Butler, Gloria S. (D-55): lives in Stone Mountain; DeKalb*, Gwinnett*
· Hill, Jack (R-04): lives in Reidsville; Bulloch, Candler, Effingham, Emanuel*, Evans,
· Hooks, George (D-14): lives in Americus; Crawford*, Dooly, Macon, Marion, Peach, Schley, Steward, Sumter, Talbot, Taylor, Upson, Webster
· Johnson, Eric (R-01): lives in Savannah; Bryan, Chatham*, Liberty*
· Moody, Dan (R-56): lives in Alpharetta; Fulton*
· Pearson, Chip (R-51): lives in Dawsonville; Dawson, Fanning, Forsyth*, Gilmer,
Lumpkin, Pickens, Union, White*
· Rogers, Chip (R-21), Ex-officio: lives in Woodstock; Cherokee*, Cobb*
· Shafer, David (R-48), Ex-officio: lives in Duluth; Fulton*, Gwinnett*
· Thomas, Don (R-54): lives in Dalton; Catoosa*, Gordon*, Murray, Whitfield
· Tolleson, Ross (R-20): lives in Perry; Bleckley, Dodge, Houston*, Johnson, Laurens, Pulaski, Telfair, Wilcox*